EEOB/MCEB Graduate Programs
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2022 IS DECEMBER 1, 2021
Applications accepted from August 9, 2021 to December 1, 2021, for fall semester only.
The application fee to the University of Utah is covered by the School of Biological Sciences/Biology Graduate Program. Please do not pay the application fee in the online AY application system or on the Graduate Admissions page prior to obtaining a fee waiver coupon from the Biology Graduate Program Office.
To request a fee waiver, please email the Biology Graduate Program Office at - SBSapplicationfeewaiver@biology.utah.edu.
Refunds will not be issued to applicants who pay the fee prior to contacting our office. Only click on the apply online now button below once you are given the fee waiver.
Applicants should apply using the University of Utah Graduate Admissions Application.
Follow the instructions on the application site to submit the following:
- Online Application
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (International student only--waiver information is available through the U of U Office of Admissions)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (essays are typically 1.5 to 2 pages in length)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Interests and Faculty Checklist
For further information on required forms, the application process and general application questions, please visit Frequently Asked Questions
- December 1, 2021: Application deadline for Fall 2022
- December - mid January: Review of applications
- February 10 - 11, 2022: Interviews for applicants
- Mid to late February: Applicants notified of admissions decision
- April 15: Decision date for acceptance of admission offers by applicants. The University of Utah subscribes to the Council of Graduate Schools April 15 Resolution.
All Ph.D. students in good academic standing receive up to five years of financial support, either as a Teaching Assistant or as a Research Assistant. In addition, the School of Biological Sciences (Biology) will provide a basic health insurance plan to students who are not otherwise covered by a policy. Tuition coverage is included (domestic and international students) and requires 9-11 credit hours of graduate-level course work per semester, excluding summer.
The School of Biological Sciences/Biology participates in the fellowship program “Enhancing Diversity and Graduate Student Success (EDGES) of the College of Science. All students accepted to the Biology Graduate Program will be invited to apply to this program and priority for awards will be given to admitted students seeking Ph.D. training.
Living in Utah
What's it like Living in Utah? Graduate students from the School of Biological Sciences and Molecular Biology show newbies why the Beehive State is the place to get your graduate degree.