Advising - 8:30AM to 4:00 P.M.
Biology Advising Walk-In Hours
(Walk-Ins are quick 10 min meetings, schedule a regular appointment for more time)
March 21st: 10:30 – 11:30
March 23rd: 2:30 – 3:30
March 28th: 2:00 – 3:00
March 30th: 10:00 – 11:00
April 4th 10:00 – 11:00
April 7th 2:00 – 3:00
April 11th 1:00 – 2:00
April 14th 10:00 – 11:00
Mark A. Campbell
Teshia B. Griswold
What do academic advisors do?
Academic advisors are here to help you make the most of your experience at the University of Utah. Please meet with your advisor once per semester, or at least once per year, to discuss progress toward your degree and any concerns you may have. This will allow you to know more about course availability and pre-requisites (which are strongly enforced). It is crucial that you work closely with your advisor to graduate without delay. If you are a transfer student, you are encouraged to meet with the department advisor early in your academic career, even prior to admission to the University of Utah.
Academic Advisors are available for:
- Declaring a biology major.
- Explaining University graduation requirements, including general education, bachelor’s degree and course requirements for biology.
- Developing an educational plan that includes scheduling, timing and using the DARS and GPS systems.
- Connecting with University and departmental opportunities and resources.
- Evaluating biology transfer credits.
- Navigating the system from admissions to graduation and everything in between.
- Discussing anything regarding your education at the U of U.
Biology Advising Office
Room 135, Building 44
Mailing address: 257 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0840
Phone: (801) 581-6244, fax (801) 581-8571
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include your FERPA PIN if your question involves confidential information).
The Biology Advising Office is open weekdays from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, closed for lunch 12 PM - 1 PM when the University is in session (excluding holidays and University closure days).
Appointments must be scheduled on-line at Student Advising Appointments, appointments cannot be scheduled by email
Useful Links for Biology Majors
Expected Learning Outcomes
Worksheets and requirements for biology majors/emphases/minors
- Biology Majors worksheet (PDF)
- Optional emphases (PDF)
- Biology Teaching Major/Minor worksheet (PDF)
- Integrative Human Biology Minor Website
- Math and Chemistry sequences for Biology Majors (PDF)
- Sample four year program of study (PDF)
Biology honors Information
Lists of approved biology courses and labs
- Master list of Biology courses (PDF)
- List of Biology courses with approved lab components (PDF)
- Upcoming, current and archived schedules of Biology courses by semester