The Department of Biology is administered by a Departmental Chair together with a team of supervisors:
Commonly Requested Contact Information
- General questions: 801-581-6517
- Biology Advising: 801-581-6244
- Payroll: 801-585-0995
- Accounts Payable: 801-581-8107
- Human Resources: 801-585-0099
Department of Biology
University of Utah
257 South 1400 East, Rm. 201
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0840
Telephone: 801-581-6517 (main office), 801-581-4668 (fax)
Contact information for other individuals can be found in the Departmental Directory
The Department of Biology occupies 5 buildings clustered on the southeast corner of President's Circle:
- Biology Building (Biol, "South Biology"): research labs, teaching labs, administration
- Life Science Building (LS): research labs, classrooms
- Aline Wilmot Skaggs Biology Building (ASB): research labs, auditorium
- Building 44 (Blg 44, "Webster Building"): undergraduate advising, BioKids day-care and other offices
- James Talmage Building (JTB, "North Biology"): teaching labs, classrooms
The main administrative offices are located on the second floor of South Biology (Biol), just inside the east entrance facing the Skaggs Building (ASB).
Deliveries are typically made to the main office located in South Biology – parking is available between the Life Science and Biology Buildings (accessed from President’s Circle). Large deliveries to ASB can be made at the ASB loading dock (accessed through the Visitor parking lot by the University Campus Store).
During business hours (8AM – 6PM) parking is available in the Visitor lot by the University Campus Store and Marriott Library. A limited number of metered spots are available on President’s Circle. Outside business hours (before 8AM, after 6PM) parking is generally available in any parking lot at no charge.